The Sherman Theater in PA offers a beautiful and unique venue for concerts, performances, and much more! Incredible architecture and unique acts makes the Sherman Theater a great destination activity when you’re in the Poconos area.
For more information on the Sherman Theater in PA and other local restaurants, activities, and events, be sure to download our complimentary Vacation Guide. We hope you’ll find it helpful as you plan your Poconos vacation to the French Manor Inn.
A Brief History of the Sherman Theater in PA
The Sherman Theater in PA opened in 1929 as a venue for touring vaudeville acts. When vaudeville became a part of history, the Sherman Theater transitioned into a movie house, often showing cartoons for audiences full of kids. But in the 1980s, times were hard for independently owned movie theaters across the county, and the Sherman closed its doors for a short time. It reopened in 1988 as a theater for the performing arts, but with few repairs made, it still struggled.
But in 2004, after months of renovation, the Sherman Theater reopened. Its stage is once again home to various bands, comedians, and community events. The original architecture has been restored, and serves as the perfect backdrop for all the Sherman Theater’s events.
Reasons to love the Sherman Theater
1. Beautiful architecture. As soon as you walk in the doors, you’ll be awed by this flash back to a historical highlight of 1920s architecture, including beautiful chandeliers in the lobby.
2. Great sound and acoustics. There’s not a bad seat in the house! You’re sure to enjoy the performance no matter where you sit. Some concerts are standing-room-only, but you can be confident of a good spot there as well.
3. Wide variety of excellent performances. No matter what kind of music or performance you’re into, you’re sure to find something at the Sherman that appeals to you. Check out their website for a current schedule of upcoming acts.
4. Reasonable prices. No big-city pricing here. Just great entertainment at a fair price! You’ll feel like you got a steal of a deal.
5. Free parking. There’s no specific lot for parking, but it’s not hard to get a good spot for free, especially if you arrive early!
6. Refreshments. An on-site bar offers drinks and snacks.
Stay at the French Manor Inn and Spa
If you enjoy historical and gorgeous places, you’ll love your stay at the French Manor Inn & Spa. Our elegant French chateau was built in the 1930s as a summer home for a wealthy mining family. We’ve restored and updated the manor so that you can enjoy modern luxuries, but hope you will also enjoy its beautiful architecture and history.
Our elegantly appointed rooms have been designed with your comfort in mind, and we do our best to spoil you with our gourmet breakfast, delicious dining options, and relaxing spa services. The mountains and natural scenery provide the perfect backdrop for our country retreat, and we know you will be rejuvenated and refreshed during your stay with us. We also provide our complimentary Vacation Guide to help you plan your trip to our area, and we will do whatever we can to make sure your trip is a success.