The Pocono Mountains is a region known for its natural beauty, outdoor activities, and vibrant culture. Throughout the year, the area hosts a variety of annual events and festivals that showcase the best of what the Poconos has to offer. Here is a comprehensive list of these events and festivals in the Poconos by month!
Additionally, don’t forget to take a look at our complimentary Vacation Guide. Our expertly crafted guide is easy to access and puts all of the area’s best restaurants, attractions, and events right in the palm of your hand. It’s never too early to start planning your winter getaway.
Annual Events in the Poconos
- Polar Plunge: Join hundreds of others and brave Mauch Chunk Lake in the annual Polar Plunge.
- Jim Thorpe WinterFest: A weekend-long festival featuring ice carving demonstrations, live music, food vendors, and more.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Scranton: One of Pennsylvania’s largest St. Patrick’s Day parades.
- Chili & Wing Cookoff: Enjoy the end of winter with a hot plate of the best chili and wings in the Northeast.
- Milford Music Festival: A three-day event featuring live music performances throughout downtown Milford.
- Earth Day Festival in Jim Thorpe: An eco-friendly festival with educational exhibits, live music, food vendors, and more.
- StroudFest: A street fair in downtown Stroudsburg featuring local vendors selling crafts and food.
- Pocono Mountains Music Festival: A series of concerts featuring classical music performances by renowned artists.
- Great Tastes of Pennsylvania Wine & Food Festival at Split Rock Resort: A two-day event featuring wine tastings from local wineries and food from regional restaurants.
- Pocono Raceway NASCAR Weekend: One of two NASCAR races held annually at Pocono Raceway.
- Wally Lake Fest: A weekend-long festival celebrating Lake Wallenpaupack with boat parades, live music performances, fireworks displays, and more.
- West End Fair: An agricultural fair featuring livestock shows, tractor pulls, carnival rides, and more..
- Pocono Garlic Festival at Shawnee Mountain Ski Area: A celebration of all things garlic with food vendors selling garlic-infused dishes.
- Septemberfest – An annual music festival in downtown Milford, PA.
- Fall Fest at Lake Genero: A celebration of autumn with craft vendors selling handmade goods, pony rides, food, and more.
- Harvest Fest at Quiet Valley Living Historical Farm: An agricultural festival celebrating harvest time with demonstrations on traditional farming techniques.
- Small business Saturday in Hawley: Support small businesses and get your Christmas shopping done on small business Saturday!
- Old Time Christmas in Jim Thorpe: The town is transformed into a Victorian-era Christmas village complete with horse-drawn carriage rides.
- Hawley Winterfest: A weekend-long festival celebrating winter with ice carving demonstrations, holiday markets selling handmade gifts and crafts.
Spend Time at The French Manor Inn
With so many events happening throughout the year in the Poconos region, there is always something to do no matter what your interests are! When you need a place to stay look no further than The French Manor Inn & Spa.
We offer a variety of rooms and suites for you to choose from. The luxury spa suites come equipped with fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, and gorgeous views from your private balcony. The Manor rooms, including the Turret suite and located in the main house, boast the authentic castle feel. Our beautiful Carriage house offers rooms and suites. All that’s left for you to do is choose!
All our rooms and suites are accompanied by a delicious gourmet breakfast prepared each morning. And you’ll have access to our elegant dining room and all the other on-site amenities. We also hope you’ll take advantage of our excellent spa services. During the winter, we also offer complimentary snowshoeing to our guests!