Pocono Mountain Area Attractions
Things to Do in the Poconos and Newfoundland, PA
The French Manor Inn and Spa is centrally located in The Pocono Mountains in the city of Newfoundland, Pennsylvania. With our central location, the Manor offers a number of amazing things to do in the Poconos for guests to enjoy during their stay. Enjoy all the great things to do in the Poconos and Newfoundland, as well as other great Poconos attractions with our recommended list of activities below.
For a more complete list and more information on the things to do in the Poconos, be sure to download our Free Vacation Guide!
- Buck Hill Golf Course (10 miles away)-
- Paupack Hills Golf Course (15 miles away)-
- Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau Golf Information
Hiking & Biking
Sitting atop Huckleberry Mountain in the picturesque Poconos, the French Manor is surrounded by natural beauty, including 3 major State Parks: Promised Land, Tobyhanna, and Gouldsboro. Additionally, there are several other parks that are a short drive from the Inn. Come and discover the mountains!!
- Promised Land State Park – 10 minutes away.
- Tobyhanna State Park – 5 minutes away.
- Gouldsboro State Park – 12 minutes away.
- Big Pocono State Park – 15 minutes away.
- Lackawanna State Park – 30 minutes away.
- Hickory Run State Park – 30 minutes away.
- Frances Slocum State Park – 30 minutes away.
- Bushkill Falls – 40 minutes away
- CBK Mountain Adventure – Treetop Zip Line Adventure and more – 20 minutes away
- For Bike Rentals visit: Pocono Bike Rentals, Pocono Biking, or The Loft Sports
- 4 of the Best Poconos Hiking Trails to Explore
- Lighthouse Harbor Marina – PO Box 77, Greentown, PA 18426, 570-226-4556
- Local marinas on Lake Wallenpaupack
- Whitewater Rafting – Kittatiny Canoes
Skiing / Snowtubing / Snowboarding
The French Manor Inn and Spa is conveniently located in the middle of some fantastic ski mountains. Here is a list of the closest mountains. We also have a great ski package that includes your overnight stay at the French Manor and skiing at the Poconos best mountain – Camelback Mountain. Click here for our Ski Tote Package.
- Alpine Mountain — 20 minutes away.
- Camelback Ski Area / Camelbeach — 25 minutes away.
- Sno Mountain — 35 minutes away.
- Elk Mountain Ski Area — 55 minutes away.
- Shawnee Ski Area — 45 minutes away
- Mountain Creek Riding Stable — 20 minutes away.
- French Manor guests enjoy discounted rates.
- Horseback riding vouchers available to purchase at The French Manor front desk.
- Triple W Riding Stables — 35 minutes away
- Discover the Best Horseback Riding in the Poconos
Choose from a variety of entertainment venues in the local area: theatre, movies, nightlife in either Scranton or Stroudsburg, and the Pocono International Raceway.
- Sherman Theatre – Main Street, Stroudsburg – 30 min away
- Pocono Raceway — 35 minutes away.
- Cinemark Movie Theatre – 30 minutes away.
- City of Scranton — 30 minutes away.
- City of Stroudsburg – 30 minutes away
Historic Sites / Museums
The counties of the Pocono region – Wayne, Monroe, Pike, Carbon and Northampton – each have its own rich history. Below are a variety of links to historic sites, museums, and other informational websites for our beautiful mountain region.
- Lackawanna Coal Mine — 30 minutes away.
- Steamtown National Historic Site — 25 minutes away.
- Everhart Museum, Scranton, PA – 30 minutes away.
- Grey Towers, Milford, PA – 40 minute drive.
- Roebling Bridge, Lackawaxen, PA – 40 minute drive.
- Zane Grey Museum, Lackawaxen, PA – 40-minute drive.
- The Stourbridge Line Railroad, Honesdale, PA – 40 minute drive.
- Victorian Town of Jim Thorpe – 45 minute drive.
- Victorian Town of Milford – 45 minute drive.
- Discover Pike County
Enjoy a baseball game, go to a concert, or have a great time at our local fair. Here are a few links to help you complement your get-away.
- Crystal Cabin Fever – Feb 10 to 26, 2012 – 20 minutes away
- Scranton / Wilkes Barre Yankees — 30 minutes away.
- Scranton / Wilkes Barre Penguins — 45 minutes away.
- Montage Mountain Events – 40 minutes away.
- Pocono Raceway — 35 minutes away.
- Mountain Laurel Center for the Performing Arts — 40 minutes away.
- GDS Fair – week prior and including Labor Day every year in Newfoundland, PA. – 5 minutes away.
Many of our guests come to the Poconos for its wonderful antiquing and many outlet stores.
We would be happy to help you plan a day full of your favorite shopping in a number of the surrounding villages.